Lookout provides a rich mobile security app for Android and iPhone users that can be used to protect users from malware, locate a lost device, and protect personal data.
Despite the fact that, on average, a typical consumer will lose their phone once a year (some as many as seven!), mobile security was not something that this same consumer had on his radar.
Lookout wanted to change that – to educate consumers about how they could protect themselves, while becoming the company that makes mobile security accessible and appealing.
Thanks to their growing network of over 20 million users, Lookout had access to anonymized data that painted a picture of a nation full of people misplacing phones.
Lookout’s 2011 data, along with projected numbers for 2012, covered not just how many phones were lost, but when, where and how – along with, of course, how Lookout’s free application can ease the pain of lost phones for everyone.
- National broadcast (LINKS) – FOX Business Network, Imus in the Morning, and Fox & Friends
- Consumer news coverage across the web – MSNBC, CNN Money, Huffington Post andABC News, Reuters, SmartMoney and MSN.
- 27 in business and tech outlets – including, Bloomberg, Fortune, CNBC, USA Today, TechCrunch, Mashable, PC Mag and CNET.
- Regional broadcast news segments in ten markets with over 350 syndications.
- 20 regional consumer hits – including, SFWeekly, Seattle Times, NBC 10 Philadelphia and The Philly Post.
- 1 national radio segment – NPR
- 4 regional radio segments – WABC-AM (NY), KCBS 740AM (SF), KNX-FM (LA) and WTOP-DC (DC)