Eventbrite was on a mission to build buzz during the busy holiday events season. To do it, they needed a clever way to break through while conveying their core values around living life to the fullest through live experiences.
Our “Tech Backlash” campaign created a fun, entertaining reminder for Americans to ditch their phones during holiday gatherings so that they could focus on the things that matter--friends and family.
Using data as the hook, we highlighted a common dilemma over the holidays: When is it time to put away the phone? 85% of Americans said no to phones at the Thanksgiving table!
To bring the campaign to life, we built a hand-illustrated microsite that generated funny “TTYL” texts to remind folks to put the phone down and live in the moment this holiday season.
We took a multi-pronged approach with mainstream media, viral publications and social media. This pushed traffic and attention for the microsite and spread the word to our target audience.
The campaign racked up:
• 12 articles in consumer, lifestyle and technology outlets
• 22 regional broadcast hits from around the country as well as national daytime talk feature on The Real, The Today Show and a CNBC segment on Squak on the Street.
• Over 650,000 social media impressions
Massive Health wanted to help people get and stay healthy with friendly apps that fit easily into a daily routine. To meet their goal, they needed to get their story in front of more people and drive downloands.
So, what do we eat, and why does it matter? We answered that question with the “We Are What We Eat” campaign. It told a colorful story, taking a “who, what, where, why and when” approach to showcase the impact of how people eat throughout the world.
Transforming a rich data set into a personalized, engaging experience for reporters, we shared insights and visuals for eating habits in their own locale (did you know San Franciscans eat 4 times more brussel sprouts than anywhere else?).
We gave Massive Health’s target audience plenty of stories to grab their attention. The campaign garnered:
• 45+ articles in business, tech, consumer and health outlets
• Major national primetime news hit on NBC Nightly News featuring Brian Williams talking about our campaign and regional broadcast coverage on FOX in San Francisco
• Significant coverage that led to Jawbone’s acquisition of Massive Health